Job Title: I&E designer
I&E Designer is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of CAD drawings and will create and revise I&E drawings throughout the design and MOC processes.
Responsibilities may include:
• Constructing, Maintaining, and assigning Loop numbers, Instrument tags, Junction Boxes, Marshalling Cabinets, I/O Cards, HPMs, Remote I/O cabinets and associated wiring assistance to inside and outside contractors.
• Prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
• Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer and/or designer to ensure effective quality product.
• Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques, and IMS and standards.
• Field walk outs, drawing searches and retrievals, creating construction scope documents and revisions to drawings via redline mark ups with some drafting.
• Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
• Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
• Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
• Resolve project issues and problems.
• Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
• Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
• Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
• Performing job duties safely and championing the safety of others.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
• Technical college graduation with 5 years’ of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
• 5 years of experience in instrument design.
• Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
• Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
• Experience with design and/or construction of heavy industrial facilities desirable.
• In depth knowledge of Instrumentation standards, methods and practices required.
• Proficient in the following software: SPI, AutoCAD, 3D CAD, Smartplant 3D and PDS.
• 5 Years of SPI experience.
• Basic design and construction knowledge required.
• Familiar with PIP Standards.
• Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, ISA & IEEE design complying with industry standards.
• Ability to generate 3D model using 3D CAD and Smartplant 3D.
• 2 or more years of experience working in refining and/or chemicals industry in the field of electrical engineering
• 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
• 15 years’ of experience in instrument design.
• 5 or more years of experience working in refining and/or chemicals industry in the field of electrical engineering
Duration: Long Term Contract