- Perform material selection and corrosion evaluation for Topside projects and ensure timely delivery and execution.
- Prepare Material Selection report, Surface Protection report and Insulation report.
- Prepare other project specific material reports like Erosion report, CP design reports etc.
- Review fabrication procedures, inspection procedures, paint & coating procedures, welding and NDE procedures.
- Follow up vendors of procurement packages.
- Participate in supplier visits to ensure material quality and adherence to requirements.
- Provide general support on material, NDT, welding insulation and coating/painting.
- Communicate with clients and vendors on material, welding, NDT and coating related issues.
- Evaluate material deviations from current regulations, procedures, requirements etc. and defining relevant recovery actions related to any deviations.
- Subject responsibility for material related TQ’s and NCR’s.
- Establish technical requisition and MTO for coating package.
- Review material related as built documentation.
- Guidance and evaluation of material and corrosion related failure mechanisms.
- Perform offshore surveys if necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering or similar discipline.
- Qualifications in Painting, NDT and Welding preferred.
- Preferably 5 to 10 years of experience from offshore related industry.
- Knowledge in relevant standards such as NACE, ISO, API, ASTM, ASME and NORSOK standards.
- Experience and understanding of multi-discipline tasks, encompassing a range of disciplines, e.g. process, safety, mechanical, piping, structural and instrument disciplines.
- Experience in QA/QC of fabrications, including welding, Painting and NDT technique.
- Experience with Piping Materials such as LCS, SS, DSS, SDSS and Titanium.
- Have technical knowledge to piping and equipment insulation. Be able to review sub-contractors Welding, NDE, Painting and insulations procedure specification (IPS) and ensure adherence to company requirements.
- Have a cooperative working attitude.
- Be systematic and accurate.
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Have good communication skills in English and Norwegian (preferably) both orally and in writing.
Required Certificates - NA
- Det er ikke pr. dags dato definer et behov for offshore survey, men dette kan det muligens bli behov for i fremtiden.
Duration: 01.12.2021 - 31.12.2022