Client is currently seeking hard-working, talented Chemical Engineers to join their team. Working together with our experienced process engineers, project managers, and piping designers, this position will be involved in all phases of project activities to include a variety of scopes that will include engineering and procurement. Manages project scope, budget and schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide project support which includes document / fabrication drawing reviews, model reviews, procurement of equipment, instrumentation, and other items. Individual will interact and coordinate various disciplines of project: process, civil, electrical, mechanical, and controls.
- Develop and execute project-wide specifications and standards (piping, valves, painting, insulation, fabricated equipment, piping supports, other miscellaneous specifications).
- For large jobs: integration of project details and standards among multiple project managers.
- Prepare installation manuals.
- Oversee document control, transmittals through various stages of a project.
- Oversee and/or execute organization of project documentation.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred (will consider a Mechanical Engineering degree).
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience required, particularly in the mass transfer area.
- Willingness to travel to fabrication shops to perform construction supervision, inspection, and other field management / field engineering activities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD a plus.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
Long Term Contract