- In close cooperation with the supply chain team and D&W, understand D&W purchasing needs and develop/refine specifications and/or source for materials/services whilst working to achieve lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Review and analyse purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy. Source the supply of materials/service from existing contract portfolio or establishes new sourcing relationship(s).
- Process purchasing transactions according to policies, procedures and processes.
- Manage delivery of material and services in accordance with expectations and expedite delivery on a non-routine basis in agreement with the D&W.
- Manage purchasing performance in accordance with KPIs and targets.
- Assist making requisitions as required and proactively resolve purchasing challenges
- Provide guidance, assistance and champions compliance with established procurement processes with the D&W team.
- Be familiar with the Clients contract portfolio within segment.
- Work with supply chain team to develop purchasing plan
- Participate in development and implementation of the Clients digital agenda and plan-to-pay tool
- BSc in SCM or equivalent experience
- Experience within procurement/purchasing as Buyer minimum 5 year
- Experience from supplier/customer side
- Relevant experience from purchasing in a range of typical drilling and wells category equipment or services.
- Highly skilled in SAP
- Well-founded knowledge of industry purchasing practices and procedures.
- Well-founded knowledge of relevant types of materials, products, and services for the assigned areas of Procurement and how to source these for use at the appropriate locations.
- Preparation of specifications and assessment of simple bids.
- Well- founded knowledge of material management, warehouse operations and logistics ERP tool.
- Experienced in Continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility and ownership for both progress and quality of the work
- Good communication and teamwork skills, work well in teams across the business
- Ability to involve others in own work, seek help when needed, not waste time by working on difficult problems too long alone
- Proactive, takes initiative, drives workflows forward
- Positive, a driver, demonstrates motivation and commitment
- Solution oriented and passion for improvement
Duration: 01.02.2021 - 08.10.2021
Location: Stavanger or Trondheim, some travel should be expected