The Topside Piping engineer is responsible for the follow up of activities within piping & layout performed by Contractor during engineering phase. The position being a part of the FPSO engineering team.
Responsibilities and purpose of role include:
- Company representative towards Contractors Piping & Layout Discipline.
- Technical support and follow up the FPSO Contractor in the execution phase of the project with a focal point on piping, valves & layout.
- Review and provide technical input, give management guidance in multidisciplinary reviews.Typical this include review and input to technical notes, letters, technical requisitions, technical queries, changes and deviations under the topside scope.
- Ensure technical and regulatory compliance of the topside scope aligned with the contractual SOW.
- Provide management with overview of identified gaps and proposed mitigation measures / deviation processes
- Actively resolves engineering issues for identified systems
- Secure alignment with the Contractual SOW
- Keep within the defined cost estimates
- Mechancial Completed within timeframe
- According to the expectations from Autorities (PSA)
Proactively support and guide Contractor in securing the most cost effective solutions, aligned with the governeing requirements and expectations from the Authorities.
This including the following:
- Review of Contractor & Vendor documentation
- Participate in required HAZOP and Design Reviews
- Ensure compliance with govering design codes, standards and legislations.
- Role as CRE for all Piping & Instrument Valves within the project.
- Required experience: More than 10 years
- Specialist knowledge within piping engineering and valves
- Detailed knowledge within codes, standards and governing authority regulations applicable for the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Languages: Norwegian and English
- Good interpersonal skills, team player. Ability to build good working relationships with the operator and the other partners
- A professional attitude
- To be responsible and manage tasks through to completion
- Take a proactive approach
- Value driven
- Business mind set
- Ability to apply systematic approach. Logical thinking and analysis skills
- Risk based recommendations and decision making
- Ability to drive multiple activities
- Good English communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Duration 01.12.2020 – 01.06.2022