• Umbilicals Engineer will be responsible for supporting the planning and safe execution of Subsea Alliance Projects with specific focus on the project activities associated with the umbilical and power cables included within the SPS scope.
• The role will also provide general support to the SURF and SPS teams.
• The Umbilicals Engineer will be supporting the on-time delivery of the Power and Service Umbilicals. The Umbilical Engineer shall work in close cooperation with the SURF team to ensure an installation friendly design.
• The Umbilicals Engineer will be working within the Subsea Alliance, reporting to the System Integration Lead for the specific projects.
• Close collaboration will be required towards the SPS Aker Solutions delivery team.
• Accountable for umbilical and power cable technical static and dynamic riser reviews and provision of project engineering assistance to SURF and SPS leads.
• Support delivery of Electrical and Power cable elements within the Traced Heated Pipe in Pipe System packages.
• Supporting the System Integration Lead in interfaces towards Topsides and SPS with regards to the umbilical and power cables.
• Support the project leadership team in providing project engineering support of project elements, in particular meeting performance objectives for cost, schedule, 3rd party contractor management, HSE performance, operability and technical quality and reliability
• Support reporting project cost, schedule, milestones, and risks, along with any other significant metrics of project success.
• Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of project objectives with business drivers.
• Maintain good communication across and outside the project team.
• Responsible for raising project risks related to umbilicals and interfacing systems.
• Strict adherence to Client and Industry Standards.
• Capture & communicate lessons learned and best practices.
• Demonstrate behaviours which promote a safe and environmentally responsible work process and outcome in all aspects of the job.
• Support and drive continuous improvement across the project.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering or similar technical degree
• Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently and working knowledge of Norwegian
• Minimum 5 yrs. experience working on projects.
• Minimum 10 yrs. experience in Subsea, Pipelines, or Marine Construction.
• Design, manufacture and installation experience of static and dynamic Subsea Umbilical's.
• Design, manufacture and installation experience of static and dynamic Subsea HV Power cables.
• Significant experience with design phase (SURF scopes)
• Demonstrable experience managing technical facilities interfaces
• Willingness and ability to travel offshore
• Strong planning, interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills.
• Ability to define and prioritize issues and solve problems through networking with the involved parties
• Innovative eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo.
• Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, with wide ranging cultural backgrounds.
Duration 01.01.2021 - 31.12.2021
Location Location will be both Stavanger and Oslo, some travel will be required.