This position’s primary responsibility is to support the Technical Team’s cost/ and forecasting for the Borger Refinery, reporting to the department’s Sr. Cost Controller.
• Project tracking from fund approval to total investment costs and closure.
• Work directly with project managers and engineers on their respective projects on cost analysis
• Utilize SAP to: 1)Create project related requisitions as needed, directing charges to correct WBS/NWA structure, 2) Review and understand budget, actuals and commitments by project, 3) Review and understand Contractor Cost Management system reports and data, and 4) Other various supportive reports.
• Track PO’s through good receipts and contact vendors to resolve cost discrepancies.
• Prepare monthly accruals and reconcile the following month.
• Report monthly actuals and forecast through TIC.
• Assist in other supporting duties as requested.
• Accept ownership, is accountable, and delivers on commitments
• Work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Work independently without much supervision
• Work in cross-functional teams
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions
• Valid driver’s license
• 2+ years of cost tracking and forecast/budget experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Strong analytical skills
• Accounting and/or Business degree
• Proficient with SAP Project System module
• 2+ years working experience in related industry
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment