Perform electrical, instrumentation & controls engineering and design efforts for site capital projects as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full alignment and demonstration of company core values
- Full personal, team and project safety performance
- Execute and or lead the electrical design efforts including development or revisions to electrical area classification drawings, single line diagrams, substation and motor control center design, specifications and purchase of electrical equipment, creation of wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and design of lighting and grounding systems.
- Ensures the accuracy of design information whether done by Albemarle personnel or by outside contractors prior to being issued for construction
- Review technical feasibility of proposed solutions to engineering problems
- Develops and documents the design basis, material equipment lists, drawing modifications, and estimated cost for installation of the electrical portion of the conceptual and front-end engineering designs for capital projects that will be used to obtain funding and project approval
- Provides assistance in overseeing construction efforts as it pertains to electrical design and assists with any troubleshooting or problems solving required to meet installation deadlines
- Verifies drawings and design details of existing facility are up to date and all field modifications made during construction are accurately documented and released back to the customer in a timely manner.
- Communicates directly with outside vendors to specify, obtains quotes, and follow up on purchases of electrical equipment and services.
- Maintains constant vigilance for personal and surrounding worker safety, communicates unsafe conditions immediately, and provides direction as needed to ensure construction and design are performed in a safe and injury free manner during performance of daily tasks.
- Reviews and revises engineering specifications and standards as required by supervision or as needed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements
- Develops project tools and engineering guidelines as required that will be used to standardize engineering design parameters and processes
- Working knowledge of P&ID’s, electrical, instrumentation and controls designs / drawings
- Delegates tasks appropriately to effectively utilize resources
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 7 or more years of combined experience in a petrochemical environment working as maintenance, reliability, and / or project electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering
- Minimum of 4 years working as electrical, instrumentation and controls discipline engineer or an electrical lead in a petrochemical or industrial manufacturing environment with progressive demonstration of experience on executing large capital projects.
- Ability to perform design in Autocad is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent-follow up skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective at working with other staff members and plant personnel in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient User of Microsoft Office suite of products (word, excel, powerpoint, etc..)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical distribution systems 13.8 Kv and below
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 70E ( Electrical Safety requirements ), and OSHA requirement compliance
- Demonstrated ability to specify and purchasing electrical equipment and services for projects in excess of $500,000
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ability to read, understand, and modify or develop electrical documentation needed to communicate scope for electrical projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical classification requirements
- Working knowledge of electrical modeling software as it relates to incident energy, short circuit ratings, and protective device coordination. ( Experience with ETAP is plus )
- Experience with 50 Hz systems and IEC is a plus
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment acceptance testing as it relates to NETA standards
- Demonstrated ability working with electrical heat tracing installations, sizing motors, developing fuse and / or circuit breaker trip settings, sizing power cables, sizing transformers, and sizing cable tray
- Knowledge of ETAP power models
3-6 months initial term