• Works under the direction of a Project Manager.
• Direct the engineering contractor assigned to the project.
• Lead organization and execution of design reviews of engineering documents and models.
• Develops engineering and construction drawings.
• Familiar and comfortable with industry codes including ASME and API
• Follows projects from early FEL, detailed design, construction and startup.
• Coordinate and reviews vendor documents.
• Interface with the Business Unit to obtain input into engineering.
• Assist in preparation of the scope of work documents.
• Track and manage engineering progress.
• Engage Maintenance and Operations in both the FEL and execution phases.
• Facilitate constructability input into design.
• Participate in schedule and cost reviews for assigned work areas.
• Ensure specifications and internal standards are followed in design.
• Ensure quality is integrated into the design documents.
• Support construction through review and responses to Requests-For-Information (RFI).
• Project MOC development and participate in system punch-listing, completion activities, and PSSRs.
Required Skills and Competencies are:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• Basic understanding of the FEL project process and interactions required to execute a project.
• 3+ years work experience in an industrial process facility.
• Knowledgeable of industry codes & standards applicable to refineries such as API and NFPA.
• Software: MS Office
• Ability to specify appropriate equipment and material as well as evaluate alternatives.
• Understanding of the estimating process and developing budgets within a WBS.
• Experience in working with various engineering disciplines.
• Good understanding of safety and environmental policies and processes.
• Interactive skills necessary to coordinate a team of technical professionals.
• Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of professionals.
• Fundamental understanding of quality requirements and the role of quality in the project.
• Ability to lead safety in the field and participate in field safety meetings and job safety analysis reviews
Preferred Skills and Competencies are:
• Familiar with SAP, Primavera, AutoCAD
• Experience with directing engineering contractors.
• Experience in the Operating and or Maintenance departments.
• Good communication and negotiation skills.
• Competent in written communications and presentations.
• Field experience in construction related activities.