The Pipeline Engineer will be acting as specialist within the offshore engineering team and assisting the Pipeline Lead Engineer and the overall engineering team for all technical matters related to Pipeline design and installation engineering activities performed by the EPCI Contractor.
- Reviewing all relevant design engineering documents throughout all project phases. This includes typically wall thickness sizing, expansion, free spanning, stability, fatigue, ECA, lateral buckling, pipe walking, spools/ jumpers design, layouts, etc …*
- Reviewing all relevant installation engineering documents throughout all project phases. This includes typically pipelay analyzes, flexible and umbilical analyzes….
- Review with particular attention the 2nd escarpment crossing especially if using strain-based design.
- Assisting in Qualification activities for critical items, such as welds fatigue testing and fracture mechanics testing.
- Assisting, as may be necessary, in Manufacturing, Fabrication/ Welding, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities and assisting in the resolution of technical issues when necessary
- Assisting in resolution of interface issues as necessary
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with contractual requirement and specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during document review
- Getting assistance from CPY Specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
- Liaise with Field operation to ensure engineering solution are in line with the operations philosophy.
- Liaise with CTR pipeline engineering team to follow-up detail engineering progress and trouble shoot issue at an early stage.
- Getting feedback from other deepwater projects on pipelines
- Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews …)
- Contribute to lesson learnt of the project and close-out report
HSE roles & responsibilities
- Present Safety Moments during meetings
- Ensure HSE and pipeline structural integrity is captured during detail design phase
- Promote safety culture with the team and with the CTR at offices
- Adhere to Project HSE site instructions and policies
- Regularly attend Project HSSE meetings, trainings, audits and inspections
- Actively participate in HAZID of installation Procedures
The job holder is responsible for:
- the proper implementation of Project Technical requirements (Project Specifications and International codes) as well as good industry practices regarding pipeline design
- the structural integrity of the pipeline as per design
- Relevant experience in pipeline design and installation engineering activities
- Previous exposure to pipeline, flexible and umbilical installation operations is preferred
- Ability to get along well with others in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of small and flexible team.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Fluid communicator capable to represent the project
- Ability to travel worldwide / USA / Europe / Africa
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent