Provide technical expertise in the review and development of welding and materials testing programs. Oversee the Contractors engineering work proposals and plans particularly with respect to pipeline welding, fatigue performance and fracture mechanics. Physically oversee and monitor the execution of qualification of welding and material test programs then participate to the offshore campaign during the installation works.
- Reviewing all relevant material, welding and NDE documentation
- Witness, monitor and troubleshoot the welding qualification work, included all associated testing
- Assisting in resolution of interface issues as necessary
- Influence internal and external stakeholders for improvements in the field of quality, welding and materials which benefit the project.
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Support the Construction and QA/QC activities as required
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with contractual requirement and specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during document review
- Getting assistance from CPY Specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
- Liaise with Field operation to ensure engineering solution are in line with the operations philosophy.
- Liaise with pipeline engineering team to follow-up detail engineering and ensure that design requirements are well addressed in the material and welding activities
- Getting feedback from other relevant projects
- Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews …)
- Contribute to lesson learnt of the project and close-out report
HSE roles & responsibilities
- Present Safety Moments during meetings
- Ensure HSE and equipment structural integrity is captured during welding qualification phase
- Promote safety culture with the team and with the CTR at offices and various workshops
- Adhere to Project HSE site instructions and policies
- Regularly attend Project HSSE meetings, trainings, audits and inspections
- Actively participate in HAZID of installation Procedures
The job holder is responsible for:
- the proper implementation of Project Technical requirements (Project Specifications and International codes) as well as good industry practices regarding pipeline design
- Minimum Education: Master of Science degree in Material/Welding Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years’ experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions and projects (subsea pipelines)
- Experience in QC audits of construction vessels and construction yards related to Material, Welding and NDE
- Firsthand knowledge of offshore pipeline Developments
- Fully familiar with Pipeline Codes i.e. API 1104 and DnVGL-ST-F101
- Previous offshore experience onboard pipelay vessel
- Ability to get along well with others in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of small and flexible team.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Fluid communicator capable to represent the project
- Ability to travel worldwide / USA / Europe / Mozambique
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent