The Project Services Manager is accountable for all aspects of project control/services activities including procurement, scheduling, budgeting, estimating, auditing and administrative services.
• Provide Project Controls, cost and schedule expertise and supervision for the project
• Manage planning & scheduling activities including development of summary and detailed project schedules, progress and performance monitoring, schedule deviations and workaround solutions
• Coordinate and issue necessary project reports, including progress and cost
• Lead in development and optimization of plans and procedures for contracts, procurement, project cost controls and project resource loaded schedule
• Participate in reviews and workshops Risk Workshop, etc
• Ensure Project Management of Change process is in place and followed
• Ensure that all accruals are submitted on a monthly basis and a reconciliation is completed each month.
• Prepare and maintain cash flow forecast and status every month. Submit monthly cash flow forecast to the Finance Team.
• Assist in the LRP budget process for the project.
• Interface with the Refinery Finance team and other refinery personnel as necessary to perform job dutities
• Review monthly cost status reports and ensure alignment with SAP records
• Ensure that Project Controls Exhibit is an attachment to Request for Proposals (RFP) to ensure that Contractors know our expectations on contractual obligations.Monitor of all project Purchase Orders and Contracts with suppliers and Sub-contractors
• Communicate regularly with Contractor, Suppliers and Project Team to ensure all material and equipment is on-site when needed
• Coordinate and monitor the actions of the Contractor Project Control Support team to ensure they meet their contractual obligations and to ensure that effective controls are in place to maintain the commercial integrity of each subcontract through its execution and close out. Review contractor project controls system and rules of credit.
• Reviews, along with the Contractor, all claims in accordance with the appropriate provisions of the subcontract
• Review construction contractor tracking and quantity monitoring system prior to implementation.
• Assist PM to identify opportunities to reduce vendor costs and schedules by proactively reviewing vendor procedures
• Directly supervise any cost and schedule, document control, and services personnel that may be assigned to the project.
• Ensure all administrative needs and support are available to support project, i.e., document controls, IT, etc. Coordinate necessary project document and filing systems
• Attend coordination meetings with equipment suppliers prior to, and after placement of purchase orders
• Work with Client Project Controls Group to prepare and review AFE Baseline cost estimate
• Interface with “network” and/or specialist resources to ensure adherence to best practices, lessons learned, and Client project management requirements
• Coordinate development of risk-weighted cost estimate
• Coordinate development of risk-weighted schedule
• Ensure necessary tax and other regulatory costs are administered and maintained for the project
• Coordinate and administer invoice verification and payment for the project
• Coordinate with M&S for procurement and contract support.
• Act as project controls liaison on audits carried out by Client internal auditing.
• 10 or more years of experience working on capital projects in the oil and gas industry
• Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence
• Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP accounting system
• Familiarity with Primavera scheduling tools
• Strong written and oral communication skills