Sr. Environmental and Regulatory Specialist
- Reporting to the EHSR Manager
- Tracks regulations to determine impact on operations and advises management accordingly.
- Monitors and communicates trends and provides updates via effective communications on relevant government initiatives, regulations and policies.
- Represents and advocates on behalf of the company with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Supports Client’s business by developing proactive, anticipatory federal and state environmental regulatory policy strategies and advances them
- Works with Client's government relations and communications department to support the implementation of the company’s government relations strategies.
- Supports the development of Client's public policy positions by coordinating input and drafting white papers and comments on proposed regulations.
- 10 years of experience in environmental, health and safety or government relations with an emphasis on Environmental
- International project experience; Eastern Mediterranean experience is a plus
- Major oil & gas projects experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to understand, analyze and monitor all regulations affecting environment, health and safety , including those promulgated by or under NEPA, CAA, EPA, BLM FLPMA, CERCLA, RCRA, ESA, SPCC, OSHA, DOT, EPA, state oil and gas commissions, and state environmental agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with federal and state regulatory agencies, including the DOI (including BLM, FWS), EPA, and state environmental and oil and gas agencies
- Exception written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently using strong judgment skills.
Houston, TX with some travel
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Oil and Gas Operator
21 sep 2020