Global Unconventionals Projects & Engineering organization manages a portfolio of capital and operating expense projects across upstream and midstream assets in Appalachia and Bakken. These projects include well pads, pipelines, pump/compression stations, oil terminals, SWD’s, SCADA and comparable O&G infrastructure. To support Project Management and Business activities, we are seeking a project controls professional capable of providing broad support in terms of project planning, monitoring and control, forecasting, analyzing, reporting and advising on multiple and simultaneous projects. This role will be based in Austin, TX (9/80 schedule) with occasional trips to the field. Field visits will entail face to face communication with field PMs, construction managers and field services contractors.
Specific Responsibilities Shall Include:
• Oversee all initial planning/scheduling efforts for projects in the portfolio.
• Establish documented baseline scopes, schedules, and budgets.
• Review, analyze, and reconcile Field Cost Estimates (VOWD) and make recommendations to PM’s.
• Develop Cost Reports at the project / CBS level.
• Analyze SAP ITD’s and work with Accounting/Finance to reconcile.
• Regularly update schedules and provide guidance to PM’s.
• Document variances, trends, change logs.
• Regularly update TIC forecasts and provide AFE guidance to PM’s.
• Identify and analyze risks to baselines.
• Create reports, as appropriate, for relevant stakeholders/team members.
• Chair project status meetings – Coordinate with field and office-based team to gather updates.
• Assist Portfolio Manager with updates to accruals, cash flow, and FY CapEx forecasts.
• Review invoices, and resolve financial / project issues, including PO/contract resolution.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Finance, Accounting or another Technical field.
• 5 years minimum experience in Project Controls
• 5 years preferred in oil & gas industry, onshore E&P preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to multitask, shift priorities.
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Strong working capability in Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
• Working knowledge of SAP
• EPC experience preferred
• Willingness to travel 10-25%
Major Oil and Gas Operator
03 feb 2020