Our cabin at Solfonn, Seljestad, offers opportunities for hiking throughout the year and great skiing conditions during the winter season. Enjoy a relaxing stay at this large and cozy cabin!
The cabin is located at the top of an established cabin area on Solfonn. There is a feeder trail from the cabin area up into the ski trail network at Seljestad, where there are miles of ski trails.
- Cabin size 120 m2
- Four bedrooms
- 1 double bed (180 cm)
- 1 double bed (150 cm)
- 1 family bunk beds (150/90 cm) + 1 bunk bed (90/90 cm)
- 2 beds (120 cm)
- Duvets and pillows for 12 people
- 2 bathrooms
- Parking for 2 cars
- Outdoor furniture
NB! No smoking. No pets.
Washing and cleaning is done by our cleaner between stays. If the cleaners are required to use more than two hours for cleaning the cabin, the additional expenses will be charged to the employee.
Remember that check-in is after 17:00 and check-out is before 12:00. If you are leaving on a Sunday and no one is booked after you, you may stay longer than the checkout time as cleaning services arrive on weekdays.
What to bring
- Bed linen and towels
- Kitchen towels and washcloths
- It is not allowed to wear ski boots or other outdoor footwear indoors
- The water is normally turned off at the cabin. In the bathroom, there is an electric button (on) used for turning the water on. Please, remember to turn off the water with the same button (off) upon departure
- In the living room downstairs you will find a fireplace. You will find wood for this under the roof by the entrance. We recommend keeping the terrace door open for a little while, until the oven is properly heated
- The dishwasher beeps when is finish. Press the off button
- Extra flap for the dining table and two extra chairs. You find them in the drawer under the bunk bed
They will call a phone number which opens the barrier for you.
The barrier will always opens automatically on the way from Langedalen.
The last hill up to the cabin is steep, so four-wheel drive on the car is an advantage here on the winter days with most snow.
Shoveling services arrive when there is more than 10 cm of snow, and the road is scraped and sprinkled with gravel or salt when there is a risk of slippery roads.
You will find firewood in the outdoor shed.
AddressØvre Vardane 26
Turn off the road in the direction of Langedalen (up past the right side of the big apartment building) and follow the road upwards through the cabin field (se map below). The last part of the road up to the cabin is very steep, and in the worst days of the winter you will probably be in the need of a car equipped with a four-wheel drive. If you cannot manage to drive up the hill, there is a parking lot at the bottom (by the little river, ca 250 meters from the cabin). You find the exit to the cabin when the road flattens, after a very steep part of the road. If you cannot manage the abrupt left turn, you drive about 50 meters further up to turn.
Outside the cabin, there is room for about three cars, and a larger parking lot for further cars can be found by the road about 50 meters above the cabin (where you probably turned your car to avoid the difficult turn).
- Haugesund - Seljested: 120 km
- Stavanger– Seljestad: 180 km
- Oslo – Seljestad: 340 km
- Make sure you have all your belongings and leave the cabin tidy
- Clean out the fridge, the stove, and all the other surfaces in the kitchen
- The dishes shall be taken and the dishwasher should be emptied upon departure
- There are heating cables in the drying room, bathroom and the hall. These should be set at 15 degrees upon departure
- There are two electrical ovens placed in the living room downstairs and the living room upstairs. These should be set at 12 degrees upon departure
- All garbage and left-overs must be taken out from the cabin. You can throw this in a common garbage container by the service building on the left side of the road (when driving down) ca 1 km before you reach E134
- There is also a container at the right side of the road ca 50 meters before you reach the E134
- Remember to turn off the water with the same button (off) upon departure
- Remember to close all windows. Lock the doors and put the key back in the key box
You can also call the Leif Arne Kalleland on 934 56 878 if you have any questions during your stay.
Feedback assists us in improving our Advantage accommodation. Please provide feedback on defects, flaws, or damage to Omega 365 email@example.com